Children's Puppetry with audrianne Taylor
Audrianne will be teaching two classes starting in January 2019:
* A series of eight puppetry classes for children ages 3-6 and a series of eight puppetry classes for children ages 7-9.
To be alerted once details are finalized, email us here.
Children will learn the art of lap puppetry (a form of Waldorf-inspired puppetry), and will craft all of their own props to perform a sweet autumn tale for parents/guests at the conclusion of 8 weeks.
Children will sew, dye and wet-felt natural materials, such as wool and silk.
Everything the children create they will be taking home—they’ll have all the props they need to do their own puppet shows!
drawing with ruby brown dudley
Ruby teaches two classes:
* A series of six drawing classes for children ages 4-7 from 4-5 pm, starting Oct. 2 and ending Nov. 6. $25 per class; $150 for the series.
* A series of six drawing classes for children ages 8-11 from 5:15-6:15 pm, starting Oct. 2 and ending Nov. 6. $25 per class; $150 for the series.
Children’s Theater with River Navaille
River teaches two classes:
* Storybook Theater: A series of 8 classes for children ages 6-10 from 9-10:30 am, starting September 28 and ending November 16 and culminating with a performance. $25 per class; $200 for the series.
Join us for an exciting introduction to theater with games, improvisation, and the bringing-to-life of classic tales from various cultures.
Designed as a series workshop, students gain cumulative skills in public speaking, memorization, group collaboration, and imaginative story-telling, all while boosting self-confidence and freedom of creativity.
The course will culminate in a small performance to showcase students' progress as individual performers and as a team.
* Innovative Theater Creation: A series of 8 classes for children ages 11-17 from 11 am - 12:30 pm, starting September 28 and ending November 16 and culminating with a performance. $25 per class; $200 for the series.
Get ready for a unique experience in dramatic arts, where students will practice performance, improvisation, writing, and story development to devise a one-of-a-kind original play.
Using a practical, ensemble-based approach, students will get to know themselves and each other, discovering there are stories that only they can tell.
This cumulative course will conclude with a showcase of the students' original work, gaining performance practice, creative collaboration skills, writing and memorization, and self presentation experience.
piano & fiddle classes with john weed
John teaches ongoing fiddle and piano classes for children of all ages on Wednesdays.
Fiddle instruction includes implementation of technique, posture, timing, and bowing.
In addition to learning basic music theory and note reading, John teaches his pupils fiddle melodies by ear to promote ear training. Recordings will be provided for additional listening.
Lessons will be tailored to the individual student depending on the way in which they learn.